 |
| Scholarcheion Restaurant, Odos Tripodon |
This is our favorite restaurant in Plaka. The first time I went here was probably 1990, and I think with some of my Greek friends on my first trip to Athens. It is also fondly known as "The Flaming Weenie"
by our friends from the ASCSA to commemorate the mini sausages flambed at the table. We've been back regularly ever since, and brought our students last year, as well. What I love best is that the food has always been delicious, and because it is an Ouzeria (a drinks-and-small-dishes place, like tapas or dim sum) we get to try many different things in one meal... my favorite way to eat. The vines on the roof of the porch are real, and sport clusters of ripening grapes, so you sit watching the traffic from a garden. And this time the server recognized us, and told Phil that he remembered our group from last summer. The icing on the cake: a feeling of belonging.
No comments:
Post a Comment