I am very behind now... I suppose that too is a day in the life. I will be catching up all that we did over the weekend. This post covers Friday, and then on Saturday (my birthday) we went to the Acropolis because it was a wonderful cool day. Sunday we visited Delphi, and both of those will be in their own posts.
So: Thursday. I went with the Documentary Photography class downtown and did a bit of the assignment the students were given: photography daily life in Athens, and make sure people are in the pictures. The students have a terrific teacher who is
a war photographer and has done some amazing work. Here are a few of my pictures.
 |
| I am seeing a lot of bicycles in Athens these days, on the subway and on the streets. Crisis transportation? |
 |
| I am often struck by the number of actual books I see in Greece. |
 |
| I was off by a half-second here... he is twirling komboloi, or worry beads, but I caught this right as they were against his shirt where you can't really see them... |
 |
| I see a lot more bikes in Athens than I remember, both on the subways and the streets... crisis transportation? |
No comments:
Post a Comment