Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Corinth, Mycene, Nafplion

"Johnny.  They were and they will always be the friends, the fishermen who remember you."  This memorial is on a rock by the sea at Flisvos.  I sat down to translate it and there were 3 men watching me.  Not sure if they were the fishermen.

Ellie and her paparrazi

Jeremiah and the students trying to be like Ellie.

Another Karaghiozis show. This one featured Karaghiozis pretending to be a doctor.  In this scene he is asked to help a donkey, and he argues that he isn't a vet.

It has been a long time since I stopped at the Corinth Canal.  Mind blowing that they dug it in 1893 and Nero even considered attempting it with pickaxes in 67AD.

Ellie is our photographer here.

Ellie peeking out at Palamidi castle.

Once used as a prison, now our cafe tables cannot escape.

The view from the battlements of Palamidi.

Picturesque Nafplion

Just gorgeous.

Turkish fountain in Nafplion

Acro Corinth from the Ethniki Odos.  A view I'd never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment