Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hymettos

Today is my last day of being 48.  For the last couple of years, I have been able to mark my birthday with an extraordinary tradition - a four-hour, six-mile hike up a 1299 foot peak, Crow Mountain (Karakovouni).  It has been very cool here, so instead of starting at 5am, as we have in previous years, we slept in until 6, but still got back by 10am.  I did some research and found a description of the hike which took a different route than we had previously.  This one wound around the side of the mountain in pine woods before heading up through the scree to the peak.  Wonderful morning, and I leave 48 with a sense of accomplishment and strength.

6:15 am, and we are off!


Halfway up, we left our own waymarker
Swooping at the top!
On top of the pin
Even I managed the pin.
Love this one of Briggs
Taking selfies without the selfie stick
The stats are the top line, today, steps and miles.  Trip 1 is since I got my new phone, May 29.


No comments:

Post a Comment