Ok, not just about laundry, but chores in general. I'm again struck by how much work it is to live in Greece. So few people seem to have their own driers, and thank goodness they don't, as it would heat up the cities even more than they are now. Is it, like the price of gasoline, a government irritation that has unintended benefits? With gas currently at over $6 a gallon, there is more emphasis on public transportation, and a lot more walking. Cars are all small, and people are energy conscious, and more fit. Is the price of electricity too high for driers, or the sun too convenient, or does it seem more sanitary or is there no room for a dryer? Or are people just so recently removed from hard work that it doesn't seem hard to put laundry out on a line? I don't know, but I wish I had more incentive to use my laundry line at home.
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment