I have looked at the Philopappou hill every year and thought, "I should go up there." But every year, by the time I have visited my favorite spots again and am ready to try something new, it is mid-July and HOT!! This year, we have had so much rain, and real rain, that cools the city off in its wake for a couple of days, it has decidedly NOT been too hot. So I went.
 |
| First glimpse on the way up |
 |
| Next glimpse |
 |
| The full view |
 |
| The pathway I was on was lovely |
 |
| This could be a painting. Lykavitos is behind to the right. |
 |
| This might be my favorite |
 |
| The monument that gives the hill its name. Phil doesn't like this monument, and says that Philopoppus was a self-serving, aggrandizing man. |
 |
| I always need to document the survey marker. |
 |
| View below |
 |
| Really steep drops with no guard rails. I was glad to be here without students. One though said his mother always told him, "Please stay one trip away from death." I think I am stealing that line. |
 |
| The city down to Pireas |
No comments:
Post a Comment